EAST LONDON SOLICITORS LIMITED
Your privacy is very important to us and we are committed to keeping your information secure and manage it in accordance with our legal responsibility under the data protection laws applicable.
We only use your personal information to deliver the services you have requested from us, and to meet our legal responsibilities and are very much committed to protecting, respecting and safeguarding your personal information and at the same time ensuring that it is accurate and up to date. This document sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us when using us.
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY AS IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND HOW AND WHY WE PROCESS AND PERSONAL INOFRMATION THAT YOU GIVE TO US.
- How we collect information from you;
We may collect our personal information from a variety of sources being;
- Directly – Information that you provide us when you contact one of our local offices via phone, website and in writing
- Automated Technology / Interaction- Information that you provide to us by filing the on-line enquiry from our site, along with Information we collect when you visit our site, which contains information about you as a user on website (including your IP address)
- Third Parties OR Publicly available sources – which consist of (a) Technical and usage information from analytic providers such as google outside the EU (b) Personal and identity information from other professional such and public sources as estate agents, Companies House, Land Registry
- What Information we process/ collect;
This will include the following;
- Personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, national insurance number, telephone number, Unique Tax reference and your mail address
- Identity information such as your passport, driving licence, utility bill or national identity card
- Credit history record of you or our partner or anyone else you are financially linked with
- Your family, lifestyle, financial and social circumstances
- Financial income such as your income
- Employment/ self-employment details
- Usage information as how you see our website and services
- Information about your health
- How we use the information;
In general terms it depends on which services engage us to deliver which consist of the following;
- Providing a service to you by contacting you by email, post and by phone
- To verify your identity and improve and update your record, along with maintaining our record in accordance with the applicable legal and regulatory obligations
- To understand your needs and assess your needs and provide you with a suitable product and service
- To provide you with information on the service you have requested
- To service and administrate your matter including billing
- To manage and develop our relationship with you
- To prevent and detect fraud and money laundering
- For auditing purposes
- If we are obliged to disclose information for any reasons such as any law, regulation or court order
- Credit reference agencies to check your identity in accordance with legal obligations
- Property search companies to identify any issues that might influence your decision to sell a property
- Property Agents, Brokers, other Solicitors involved in transactions
- Other Government departments such as HMRC, Companies House, HM Land Registry
- Experts, professionals and Barrister required to work on your matter
We are also required by legislation and other regulatory requirements and insurers to retain your date where we have ceased to act for you, the period of retention varies with the applicable legislation but is typically 6 years. Therefore, to ensure compliance it it’s the firm’s policy to retain all date for a period of 6 years from the end.
- How you can access and update your information;
Keeping your information up to date and accurate is important to us, if any of your information changes please email or write to us with the changes.
- Your Rights;
You have the right;
- to request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This will enable you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and check that you are lawfully processing it.
- Request a copy of the personal information that we hold for you.
- Correct the information that we hold for you
- Delete information about you which is no longer required for the purposes it was obtained, or withdraw your consent that you have previously given us
- Restrict us on how we use your information
- Changes to our Privacy notice/policy
Paper copies of the policy can be obtained from our office: East London Solicitors, 732 High Road, Leytonstone, London, E11 3AJ
- Complaint Procedure
If you have a queries about our services to you, then please contact our firm straight away and we will do our best to resolve any concerns you may have.
To obtain full details of our complaint procedure please request a copy of our Complaint procedure from our office; however, if you still remain unhappy about the service provided to you, you have the right to contact then the Legal Ombudsman and the Solicitors Regulation Authority(SRA) on the following contact details:
- Complain to The Legal Ombudsman (Leo) at the conclusion of our complaints process in writing to PO Box 15870, Birmingham B30 9EB, or by email at : firstname.lastname@example.org , or by telephone on 0300 555 0333
Complain to The Solicitors Regulation Authority in writing to Solicitors Regulation Authority of The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN 0370 606 2555
- Contact Us
The Practice office at: East London Solicitors, 732 High Road, Leytonstone, London, E11 3AJ
Contact No: 0203 745 8640